Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Activity 5: Apps, Add-ons and Extentions

Add-ons
1) The google doc to form add on is lovely.  It is so nice to be able to take a formative check that we have already created and easily be able to make it into a form so that we can use it with our chrome books this year!  YEA!
  Practice Doc to Form
2) I also added the a highlight tool to make collaboration easier and g(math).

Extensions
1) One extension that I really like is Notable.  All PDFs open on notable and are easy to edit.
2) I am playing around with the musical timer extension.  My goal is to set it up so that music always plays during passing time.  It will be great to have the music play and not to have to actually go over to a device to turn it on and off.

Apps
1) I made a quiz on socrative and am very excited to use it.  It seems quite user friendly.  I only wish that I could see what the students see or at least practice a quiz.  I don't feel prepared to use it with students yet, but also am not sure how to play with it without having a class.

4 comments:

  1. Erica - looks like you've been busy! If you want to try your Socrative quiz as a student, you just need to open the Socrative app (student version) and type in the code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of music playing during passing time. I will check in with you and see how you have it working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to play Spanish music during passing time, but I forget to turn it on, or I turn it on as class is about to start. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete