Monday, August 24, 2015

Activity 7: Assessment/Polling

Kahoot:  I have used Kahoot quite a bit in my classroom, but until now have just searched for quizzes that fit my needs and not made my own.  It was really simple to do and not all that time consuming.  I think that Kahoot provides a fun way to end class with a quick review.  I do not, however, think that it is a great teaching tool.  Some of the students get so focused on points and going fast that they just pick on of the multiple choice answers quickly and hope that it is right.  Also, sometimes the ones that are struggling with the concepts look at the screens of students who have already submitted and just pick what they did.  The time element make them feel pressured to just know the concept.  There isn't a chance for questions during the game for students who are struggling.

Link to my created Kahoot

2 comments:

  1. I used Kahoot also last year. This year I will try using Socrative for a bit of variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard from others that they prefer it as a review, warm-up, or closing activity for the same reasons you said.

    ReplyDelete