Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Activity 1

Beginning of the Year Math Assignment:

Hello Parents and Students!  I am looking forward to working with all of you!

Parents--your ongoing homework assignment this year is to NEVER say, "I'm terrible at math," or "I was never any good at math."  People rarely comment that they are not great readers or that they really never liked to read...try to support your child the same way in math. Thanks!

Students-watch this video with your parent and have a discussion with them about your level of math anxiety (or lack thereof).


Reflection:
I already use a blog as my classroom "webpage" and love it.  I find it to be far more user friendly than an actual website.  I use WordPress and am happy with it.  I have thought about switching over to Blogger because it seems convenient to me that it would be attached to my gmail account.  I am excited to work with it more this summer so that I can make the switch over choice by midsummer so that I could get a new blog started if need be.

3 comments:

  1. Have you used this video before? If so, what sort of feedback did you receive from the students? I think it will be a good way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video looks nice! A good message for students and teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I love the message to both parents and to students. Great information!

    ReplyDelete